Friday, June 4, 2010

Aloha Pihemanu

Given the fast speed of the internet connection and the sound of cars on the street, it appears that I no longer find myself on Pihemanu. I've been in a bit of denial of this fact as my experience on Midway was something amazing and not really anything I can appropriately describe in words.

The things I will miss most are:
  • Clipper House meals
  • beautiful North Beach
  • being "brined" on
  • nightly albatross and petrel serenades outside my window
  • weekly ping-pong and basketball games
  • observing the life of seabirds up close
  • relying on a bicycle for transportation
  • the awesome people of FWS and Chugach! I love you guys!
But! My first big splurge off-island was a ridiculous dish of ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. So in certain ways I'm happy to be back in the land of personal indulgences. :)

I'm currently spending the next month at Hanalei Wildlife Refuge on Kaua'i and then it's back home for me. I still plan to keep the blog going for a while for those who want to keep checking back.

Hope to see many of you soon!

Aloha,
MD

No comments:

Post a Comment